Baked Eggplant with Chili Powder
- Chili powder
- Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 baking sheets with tin foil or whatever you prefer (I’ve tried silicone mats, tin foil and parchment paper)
2. Cut top and bottom off of eggplant, then stand up on end and thinly slice eggplant (about 1/4 to 1/2 in slices – the thinner the crispier they will get and the thicker the softer they will be)
3. Lay slices on pan and spread (using a food brush) olive oil on them to coat (note: fair warning, eggplants are very “thirsty” vegetables, so you will you a fair amount of olive oil)
4. Sprinkle salt, chili powder, and paprika on each slice. Flip the slices over and repeat the olive oil and spices process.
5. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then flip them and bake another 15 minutes (note that the thinner slices will be done faster and need to be taken out so they don’t burn – if you cut them 1/4 or smaller)
6. Prepare pasta according to package
Enjoy over pasta covered with marinara sauce or butter, salt and shredded parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite side of vegetables and a side salad. It is delicious either way!
A note to our allergy friendly subscribers: All of our ingredients and meals are gluten free, soy free, dairy free, peanut free, and vegan. To make the meal 100% vegan just exclude any meat that may be recommended to go along with the meal.