- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 package of light brown sugar
- 2/3 cups shortening (About 1.3 sticks of butter)
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt shortening or butter
- Add sugar and beat to blended
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg
- Sift flour, baking power, instant coffee, and salt.
- Beat for 2 minutes and add nuts & chocolate chips
- Put shortening and flour in pan just enough so the squares won’t stick to pan.
- Put into the over at 350 for 35 minutes or until browned
- Cool completely before cutting for them to firm up
A note to our allergy friendly subscribers: All of our ingredients and meals are gluten free, soy free, dairy free, peanut free, and vegan. To make the meal 100% vegan just exclude any meat or eggs that may be recommended to go along with the meal.